A new way to straighten your teeth, alleviate symptoms of TMJ disorder, and even permanently correct sleep apnea and reduce snoring is available here at Mercedes R. Del VD PC. – and it could be revolutionary.
People with Sleep Apnea often snore, gasp, stop breathing, and have interrupted sleep patterns. As a result, they can experience daytime drowsiness, fatigue, foggy minds, to name just a few. While Sleep Apnea and snoring are serious disorders that can worsen many health conditions, the Vivos Appliance System represents a breakthrough treatment proven to naturally remodel, reposition, and redevelop the anatomy that surrounds the human airway.
Dr. Mercedes Del Valle is now offering the DNA Appliance, a virtually painless and discrete treatment that can help both adults and children. The Daytime-Nighttime Appliance, or DNA treatment, is part of a specialty field of orthodontics called Epigenetic Orthodontics.
This technique is designed to enhance the development and function of underlying jaw and nasal structures without using braces or facial “gear.” It can take much less time than other procedures, and has been proven to be very effective at treating an array of conditions.
Benefits of DNA Appliance
The DNA Appliance can help correct a number of orthodontic issues, in addition to treating symptoms of TMJ and helping those are afflicted with sleep apnea.
Benefits of this innovative treatment include:
– Improvement in teeth alignment Improvement in sleep apnea and snoring
– Improvement in TMJ symptoms
– No uncomfortable headgear or braces
– Designed for both adults and children
How the VIVOS DNA Appliance Works
The removable DNA Appliance works by widening the upper arch and the nasal passages, allowing more airflow to pass through. The lower arch can then move into an improved position.
This innovative treatment can be helpful for a number of problems:
– It can help to straighten the teeth, relieve symptoms of TMJ disorder, and permanently correct causes of sleep apnea by moving structures of the jaw into a more natural position.
– DNA Appliance for Teeth Alignment Designed to be worn at night during sleep,
– The DNA Appliance can serve as an orthodontic alternative, without the need for uncomfortable braces and wires.
– The DNA appliance does not just move the teeth through bone, it actually works to help guide the growth of the jaw into a more desirable position, which can ultimately help improve teeth alignment.
– The DNA Appliance is very similar to a removable orthodontic retainer, and it is typically effective in about half the time it takes for braces to work.
– It’s painless! It can also be very effective in children who need upper arch expansion.
– DNA Appliance for Sleep Apnea An estimated 18 million people in America suffer from sleep apnea – a condition characterized by pauses of breath and/or low breathing during sleep. Snoring is a common side effect, and people with sleep apnea are often not even aware that they have difficulty breathing. The fact is, sleep apnea is an extraordinarily serious condition which can ultimately contribute to stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure, hear disease, depression, fatigue, and impotence.
– The DNA Appliance can help with sleep apnea without the need for drugs, surgery, or cumbersome facial gear to be worn at night. An alternative to the CPAP (a traditional method of helping patients control symptoms by keeping the airway open),
– The DNA Appliance is designed to be more comfortable and is only to be worn during sleep.
– The DNA Appliance can work to open the upper airway and address the causes of sleep apnea, helping to reduce snoring and breathing pauses.
Patients who undergo Vivos Appliance therapy often report a noticeable improvement in facial symmetry and aesthetics as their Sleep Apnea symptoms dissipate. Also, many patients with a history of headaches and pain from TMD (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder) often find lasting relief.
The difference between the DNA Appliance and the CPAP and other
Devices is that, while those treatments may help control symptoms, they typically only work while the device is being worn.
– The DNA Appliance works to permanently fix the causes of sleep apnea so that you won’t have to continuously wear uncomfortable gear while you sleep.
Many people are not able to use a CPAP machine to treat Sleep Apnea because they are uncomfortable, the air pressure is too high, or the tongue is still blocking their airway. This is usually called CPAP intolerance. In addition to the Vivos Appliance System, we also have other oral appliances to treat Sleep Apnea that can be more comfortable, and easier to travel with, which may be an alternative to CPAP machines for you.
Epigenetic orthodontics uses a person’s natural genes to correct and straighten the teeth without the use of force brackets. Click here to see the video-interview with Dental Economics Click here to listen to an Interview with the Australian Dental Association
Pneumopedics® is the process of non-surgical airway remodeling that may result from treatment with the DNA appliance® system. The pair of images below shows a comparison of a person’s airway before and after Pneumopedic® treatment with a DNA appliance® system. Note that results will vary for individual cases. read more Airway Before and After treatment with the DNA appliance™ System.
Yes, in the sense that the human genome is implicated during orthodontic, orthopedic and/or pneumopedic® (non-surgical airway remodeling™) airway treatments, and that certain devices or appliances,such as the (Daytime-Nighttime Appliance™ DNA appliance®) can upregulate or modulate gene expression during orthodontic, orthopedic and/or pneumopedic® (non-surgical airway remodeling™) airway treatments. However, no artificial genes or gene-transfer is used at all. Only the patient’s naturally-occurring genes are implicated in Dr Singh’s Epigenetic orthodontic concept. In other words, new, orthodontic, orthopedic and/or pneumopedic® devices or DNA appliances® are involved in a system that has been specially-designed by Dr Singh to bioengineer craniofacial, dental, and airway structures so that natural developmental processes are evoked by Dr Singh’s orthodontic, orthopedic and/or pneumopedic® devices or DNA appliances® to enhance the teeth, jaws, TMJ, face and airway into more optimal relations for functions, such as sleep and breathing.
Dr Singh believes that by changing the spatial relations of crooked teeth, using a new generation of orthodontic-orthopedic-pneumopedic® DNA appliances® , which can be worn similar to removable orthodontic retainers, the various genes that control tooth position will be activated so that orthodontists and dentists can enhance dental and oral health, including non-surgical airway remodeling™ . Some evidence for these ideas is already available in the dental, orthodontic and medical literature. These new DNA appliances® rely less on the continuous force exerted by conventional orthodontic braces, but help to guide the teeth, jaws, TMJ, face and airway into more optimal relations for functions, such as sleep and breathing. Specifically, these new DNA appliances® consist of 3-D Axial springs™ that are specially made from Do-Not-Adjust wire™ or DNA wire™ which, as its name suggests, requires virtually little or no adjustment by the dental professional.
Epigenetic orthodontics means that various human genes or combinations of the patient’s naturally-inherited genes are harnessed in combination or independently with various orthodontic, orthopedic and/or pneumopedic® devices or DNA appliances® to modify, change or attenuate the physical location of natural teeth, jaws and airway in 3-D space during orthodontic, orthopedic and/or pneumopedic® treatments, based on the concept of ‘temporo-spatial patterning.’ The term “temporo-spatial patterning” like Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) implies that the spatial organization of the teeth, jaws and airway can be mapped in 3-D space at known anatomical locations using x, y, z coordinates. The pattern in 3-D space of craniofacial structures are encoded within the patient’s genome. Dr Singh believes that DNA appliances® are capable of modulating genetic pathways, which are effectively dormant or inactive, and are capable of restarting craniofacial development in adult patients as well as in children. In addition, abnormal patterning is corrected, in part, through the deployment of orthodontic, orthopedic and/or pneumopedic® devices or DNA appliances® , which may evoke natural developmental processes that improve a patient’s airway and thereby ameliorate or prevent airway issues such as snoring and other forms of sleep-disordered breathing through non-surgical airway remodeling™.
Traditionally, specially-trained orthodontists use fixed braces to apply forces to straighten crooked teeth. While many of these cases are initially treated successfully, few patients know that relapse can occur after treatment. Relapse means that a patient’s teeth will move back after treatment has been completed. The reasons for relapse are complex and remain incompletely understood. However, the entire human genome has now been sequenced, and we now know that certain genes are
The DNA appliance® System is manufactured worldwide in: United States, Canada, Australia, India, Japan, Malaysia and Taiwan. For a complete list of all of the current labs with their contact information, please visit our labs page here: DNA appliance® system Certified Laboratories